Friday, July 10, 2009

Electrifying


I give you three seconds to guess the reason behind this post's title.
Timer starts now.

One

Two

Three



Yes, it's beacuase of those electric pleats in this dress' bottom.
Most guys at work thought that the style is definitely vintage and they were right too. And another officemate even gave me a crash course on it. She said that the reason it's called electric pleat is because the material is "cooked", meaning pressed with intense heat for it to remain eternally pleated.

Thanks for the brief history Sherl!

On me: thrifted dress, random belt, Figlia bag, CMG ballet flats


6 comments:

Cheryl said...

That's what I thought when I first saw your pleated pink dress. :) Electric pleats were a rage back then. Loving your bag too! :)

Dane said...

Umm when you said Electrifying, I thought of the movie GREASE. Hahaha.. dont ask.

Lovely dress!

X said...

You are already on "LOOK 10", if you are interested, please check and do some comment.
Remember that you can ask for a change of look, even sending a photo with the look you think it’s better, but please make sure that the picture has an acceptable resolution.
YOU ARE ON: http://look10.blogspot.com/2009/07/overdressed-me.html
And if you want you can post a comment on your entry: http://look10.blogspot.com/2009/07/overdressed-me.html
making some indications about the look presented.

You can also ask to be removed from LOOK 10.
Pick your prize, saying NOMINATED, if you want. It’s for your blog.
Greetings
Vicen.

Anonymous said...

i love ur dress D! and i super adore its color :) looks good on you btw :)

che barcelona said...

I love vintage clothes as well! :)

the colour looks good on you!
xxxx

Unknown said...

I call it perma-pleats! And you look so cute in red.