Sunday, July 5, 2009

Marilyn Monroe Moments

Rebecca Rose left a comment on one of my recent posts saying that I am the queen of skirts. I wouldn't have noticed it myself had she not mentioned it. You see, I have always leaned towards dresses and skirts. They're the first thing I look for everytime I'm in a thriftshop.


But I have to admit that wearing them sometimes becomes a chore, for one must always be careful, else accidents may happen. Allow me to cite a few of them:

wind blowing your skirt ala Marilyn Monroe, only, you're not Marilyn Monroe
shaving/waxing your legs, else you'll end up having man-legs
having to sit down all prim & proper (as if I am!)

and the occasional sneak-peak from under the staircase



I'm telling you, it takes quite some courage to wear a dress/skirt.

So I tried wearing pants this time around. I brought out my cropped pants and wore them to work. All I can say is that it felt good to not have to worry 'bout having Marilyn-Monroe-moments for once.



On me: thrifted cardigan, What A Girl Wants cami, cropped pants from SM, random gold beads, People Are People shoes, Charles & Keith convertible bag


8 comments:

Claire Geist said...

GREAT shoes!!

Marie-Louise said...

i dont mind at all!! so sweet of you :)
those shoes are lovely! keep it all up

Tzietel said...

i love the pearls...

check out Paris Hilton in dubai. she's featured in the same site where my photos were posted twice...

http://dubai.dubizzle.com/night/paris-hilton-lotus-one-thurs-july-2nd/

hehehehe...hope i can bump into her...mwah!

ayaw ug comment, i know she's lame but i want to see her in person. heeheh

Cheryl said...

Ferocious shoes and cute outfit. :)As for those Peeping Toms,bahala na sila,uy! :)

Angela said...

nice shoes.

Tzietel said...

bored... no updates? mag chat niya ta... miss u

Unknown said...

wow D, stepping up the game! this is one of my favorite outfits on you... love hte shoes and the cropped pants. hmmm. gotta check out sm real soon!

much love

eden

irmiana said...

Your shoooooooes. Your shooooooes. I want them. Please?

On a related note, I love this outfit on you. Gaw-jus!


xoxo
irmiana


http://idressforme.blogspot.com