Thursday, April 16, 2009

To Be Normal Is To Be Boring

It's really driving me crazy that nothing exciting is happening in my life right now. I'm soooo bored, it could almost bring me to tears.

And so I felt that I needed a change, a huge one. This is why I've been toying with the idea of moving to the morning shift at work, after 4 years of running around at night. I'm thinking of trying out the normal life of the normal people for the first time ever.



But my boss is trying to talk me out of this plan. He said I'd simply get more bored and will soon waste away until I feel like yanking my own hair out. *Shivers!*
It seems that my boss knows me a little too well. In all honesty, two of the things I fear the most are normalcy and boredom.
To me,
to be normal is to be boring.


I just comfort myself to sleep with what my dear friend Jumax once told me. She said, "D, you'll never be normal." God bless her soul. She will always have this calming and grounding effect on me. And gawd I miss that gurl!


Absolute randomness: Any more mustard and I'd blend right in with that wall. I'm so not over mustard yet.


On me: mom's tunic dress, mustard skirt from Ayala, random woven belt, Charles & Keith convertible bag, MJ's from Ross


1 comment:

Stringedmusic said...

if i were jay, id put you in the morning shift and give you all sorts of projects. you'd be driving everyone crazy in the night shift even if you're living a different timezone. haha